Search This Blog

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Fibrefest

Fibrefest's are fun little events! I went to my first one before I started this blog, but that trip introduced me to spinning and got me started on that journey, so it seems fitting to post about it here, at the beginning of this new blog.

-----
We went on a little weekend vacation to a small fivrefest outside of Vancouver. It was a great trip (but why is it that the ride home always seems longer than the ride to any destination)? Oh, well... I took pictures of the cutest animals, and picked up a bit of handspun yarn… and some bamboo fiber. Up to that point, I had not had any prior interest in spinning, but the fiber caught my eye the moment I saw it, and I just had to get it. I love bamboo, and this was a deeply staurated egyptian red bamboo top at a price that seemed incredibly good (I have since learned to spin, and I do love that bamboo spun up). The Fibrefest was a pretty small one, but we had lots of fun and I was glad I went. And now, a few of my favourite pictures from the trip: yarn before it’s yarn!

llama and alpaca pen 2llama and alpaca pen 1shearing pen 1

No comments:

Post a Comment